Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Goodbye 2007 (finally).....Hello 2008

To say the least, 2007 was a bittersweet year. Eli spent the first four months in the NICU, but then again, he did come home. 2007 was a year that I wasn't sure I could survive but here we are. Eli started the year at just over 2 lbs but now weighs in over 21+. Ava stopped wanting to kiss me on the lips but just tonight said "I love you, mommy". Ava started going to school 2 days a week, and I miss her so much when she is gone. But I am able to clean my house. We had to practically force Eli to eat 2 ounces at a feeding. Now, he has been known to eat as much as 16. Eli started out on a special formula for preemies. This morning, Eli had waffles and banana for breakfast. I started out the year trying to recover from 2 months of bedrest and major surgery. Now, I am close to being in the best shape I have ever been. Vic started off 2007, trying to deal with the worst stress of his life, couldn't concentrate for four months, and still finished his year as one of the best sales people in the country (and for sure, the VERY best father and husband). 2007 was hard, full of difficult lessons but even bigger triumphs.

That said, I am still elated to be saying goodbye to 2007. The outlook for 2008 couldn't be brighter.




1 comment:

jessicalink said...

You're children are precious! :}