Saturday, January 19, 2008

No news is good news

Wow. It just hit me that our lives are BORING. How great is that? No one is sick or in the hospital. Our life seems to be one HUGE routine- and I love it.
Ava is getting so big, and oh, so smart. Already, so much smarter than me. She pee peed on the potty four times today- really, the first day we ever tried. I hate to brag, but I believe she might be a genius. She is growing up way too fast. Sigh, I already see her filling out college applications. Will we still be best friends?
Eli......wow, such an amazing boy and spirit. I swear, he never stops smiling (okay, he did stop tonight when he cracked his head on the windowsill, but only for a minute). I think he has laughed more in the past seven months that he has been home from the NICU than I have laughed in the past decade. He really has so much to teach about life. We only have to be open to the lessons. Plus, look at all that hair! Would it be wrong to put him in a bow?


How great is life and how lucky am I to have (I am sure) the best kids and husband?

See, no news here.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

xoxoxo :)

Tara M. Bloom said...

I love it when no news is good news. It's easy to take simplicity and routine for granted sometimes. How quickly we find ourselves bored when grateful would be a better approach! My best wishes to your family for their health and well-being into 2008. (PS: found your blog from Mommy Doodles. Thanks for entering to win Maternitique's giveaway for the lip balm. Sorry it didn't get sent to you! There may be more contests in the future though!)