Friday, December 19, 2008

Bzzzzzzzing B

1. Gather your materials. You will need to either draw the letter B or print it out from the computer (like me). Okay, you will need some copier paper, construction paper, yellow paint, paint brush, paper plate, one googley eye, scissors, piper cleaner, and glue stick. And of course, one eager student. However, not mine, I'd like to keep her.
2. Have child paint aforementioned Letter B on white paper. Painting outside the lines is encouraged. I squirted the paint onto a paper plate (Halloween leftover from 2005) to have one less thing to clean up.
3. While Ava was painting the Letter B, I drew wings and rectangles on black construction paper and cut them out. I (really, I did) let Ava pick a color of construction paper to use as our background.
Note: You will have to wait for the paint on the B to dry. So, this may turn into a two part process.
4. Ava glued the letter B to the construction paper. She put glue on the tips of the wings, and I helped her slip the wings under the letter. Next, she started gluing the rectangles on the B for the stripes on our buzzing B. We gave the Bee a googley eye- hey, it needs to see where its buzzing. Finally, I took a brown piper cleaner, folded it in half and bent down the ends. Then, I slipped the antenna under the B with a little glue.
Ta da! Good job, Ava!

Baby Bumblebee

I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee, Won't my mommy be so proud of me,
(Cup hands together as if holding bee)
I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee, Ouch! It stung me! (Shake hands as if just stung)
I'm squishing up the baby bumblebee, Won't my mommy be so proud of me, (Squish bee between palms of hands)
I'm squishing up a baby bumblebee, Ooh! It's yucky! (Open up hands to look at mess)
I'm wiping off the baby bumblebee, Won't my mommy be so proud of me, (Wipe hands off on shirt)
I'm wiping off the baby bumblebee, Now my mommy won't be mad at me! (Hold hands up to show they are clean)

Good times! I'm finally using my Masters degree!

No comments: